Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Weekend Recap: Snooze, Jyoti Bihanga, Patio Garden

Another weekend past, whoa! Time is truly flying. I promise for more than just weekend recaps to be posted on this here blog. And for a more aesthetically friendly layout to soon meet your eyes! You know, more than one person told me I would be tired during pregnancy, but you don't really understand the impact of what that means until you see/feel it, and boy! It's a powerful force of a thing. Needless to say, there is always a growing to-do list in our midst, and we're tackling it one day at a time! (Patience & grace, two concepts we have learned so much about during pregnancy, and will continue to learn, I'm sure.)

About being tired... sleep is something I did a lot of this weekend. It seems I can never get enough these days! Baby must have gone through a major growth spurt because in addition to the more-than-usual exhaustion, I was forced to clean out my closet and finally brave my way into the maternity section for some new gear. I'm not sure what my prejudice was against maternity clothes, maybe it's that I thought they all must be "frumpy" or whatnot, but nope! Feeling so great with my preggo elastic-waist-jeans on. (I really must thank Oscar for his encouragement in this area. I am completely blessed by that man. What a gem!)

Other than sleeping and shopping, our weekend was filled with the usual delicious food eating, wonderful love sharing, and just-can't-get-enough time together. Not to mention beautiful weather, a great prenatal appointment, ice cream, and an amazing dog. Here's a little photo recap of our past days. Enjoy!


1. Best bagels on the planet.
2. Beautiful sun rain.
3. Coffee!
4. Morning date with my sister to celebrate her birthday. Happy 23, sis!
5. Coconut Chai tea, so yum!
7. Biscuit and gravy.
8. Hashmash.
9. Tried cake pops - didn't like them at ALL, gross! 
10. Flowers at Jyoti.
11. A favorite place to dine.
12. Ornamental Plum trees are blooming all over San Diego, so beautiful! I love winter blooms. 
13. Oscar surveying our patio garden progress, lookin' good! Major greens harvest soon to come.
14. Frenchy approves. 
15. Pure satisfaction.
16. Have you had a doner today?
17. New flower pot is doing well!
18. I found shoes at Target that I wanted, but they didn't have my size. Baby of course insisted on driving me to three Targets, determined to get what I wanted. So in love with that man! 
19. Out with the old...
20. In with the new!
21. Jeans with a stretchy band around my tummy, oh yeah! Lovin' it. 
22. Had to go on a date to celebrate.
23. Baby got a new hat, quack quack.
24. Straight to my heart.
25. Brownie sundae with caramel and espresso chip ice cream, wowie! 
26. End of the weekend. Went to bed with a full heart and clean apartment. The best! 

We have our ultrasound scheduled for Thursday. If all goes well we will be finding out the gender. Can't wait! Love to you and yours. Make it a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment