Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Recap: Big Sur & Carmel

Hello friends and happy Monday! We're back after a nice four-day-long trip up and down the California coast. What an experience! We had the opportunity to witness and be a part of a beautiful elopement, deep in the Redwood forest in Carmel, about 40 miles north of Big Sur. We stayed in an amazing dome house, perfectly named "Jewel in the Forest". The trees, the birds, the ocean and the air, being with Oscar and Luna in nature's hands... It was all so indescribably awakening and healing to the soul. We truly feel a calling to leave the city and pursue life in the wilderness; we know and see we're on a path that will take us there, and it's such an invigorating prospect! To rewild our children and family will be a beautiful thing, indeed.

My sister was kind enough to let me use her fancy camera for the weekend! So I'll be having a ton of photos posted sometime here in the next week or two, whenever I can get to editing and trimming down from the hundreds of photos we have. Oscar has been loving the video camera we got from my Dad, so you also might start seeing some footage from our little adventures here soon! In the meantime, here are the few iPhone photos I took the time to snap. Enjoy!

Jewel in the Forest.



Oscar making friends!


My first Mother's Day. A flower from my honey.


Waking up in the woods.


Knowledge from ancient beings.

That's all for now, folks. I'll be looking forward to getting more pictures posted soon. Have a beautifully blessed week and don't forget to let your light shine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment