Monday, October 7, 2013

Sakura Bloom // The Sling Diaries

One of our favorite and most useful items to have as parents is our Sakura Bloom ring sling. This company has not only created an awesome product, but an awesome community as well! The Sling Diaries is a photo-documentary project they started that focuses on the art of babywearing. Fifteen families will be chosen to participate in the upcoming series and we have applied! Submissions required 3 of your favorite babywearing photos, along with a written paragraph on the theme of curiosity. This writing "assignment" was so fun! And my little sister of course did an AMAZING job as always, snapping some photos for us in her backyard, capturing our hearts and memories. 

Here are some of my favorites from the day, and you can read my thoughts on curiosity below. Regardless of whether our family is chosen, I'm excited for a new series to start and for the opportunity to participate! You can follow along here if you're interested. Thank you again to Sakura Bloom and all the babywearing families out there making this type of project possible! Enjoy and may your hearts be filled with babywearing love! 





































If curiosity killed the cat, then I wish to die again and again. I am curious to live, curious to breathe, to plant and grow seeds, to climb and swing from trees. I am curious to learn why the nightingale sings and to study the pattern of cicada wings. I am curious to touch the bottoms of seas and feel my feet on sun-kissed mountain peaks. I am curious over new moons, ripe fruits, and the chance to raise a home. I am brimming full of curiosity to hear the sound of my child’s laughter and witness with what delicacy her beautiful limbs will grow. I am curious to see what differences I can make through the ways I love and mother and create. I want to know it all: Head back, arms thrown wide open, embracing every question, turning over all the rocks. Curiosity fans the flame of our creative fires; it is our life blood, the will to live each day anew, revealing the depths of our human spirit, our desire to understand, to connect, to belong. It is one of the first, most basic and most essential emotions one has. When Luna came into this world three months ago, so also was born in Oscar and I a spirit of newfound curiosity. I am gifted daily to discover a new heaven and a new earth through her eyes, watching as she takes in all there is to know with a curiosity found only in those who are humble enough to recognize the great beauty and wonder that lies, not just within themselves, but in the world around them. Wearing my little moon close to me, we are able to follow our curiosities into endless adventure, together discovering the magic as one, heart-to-heart as we grow in love for one another and for the magical spaces we call home.


4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! My name is Heather and I was just wondering if you would be willing to answer my question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Your sister is so talented! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo beautiful in so many ways! I have just found you and am in love with hat you are creating here. I am sure that you will be picked for the sling diaries! And if not, then you have an amazing talent for sharing here, through your photos and delicious writing! Thank you : )

    ReplyDelete

Comment