Thursday, January 24, 2013

Handpicked




Good morning and happy Thursday, friends! As promised, here's what online musings kept me motivated, hungry, and contemplative this week.  
  • Going crazy for all the adorable recipes & sweet photos in this awesome book. Can't wait to be a mama!
  • It's that time, friends! Order your organic seeds & supplies for Spring & Summer gardening. 
  • Speaking of seeds, Gayla Trail, founder of You Grow Girl and my go-to gardening guru, is giving away five packs of her favorite heirloom vegetable seeds. 
  • DIY 101: homemade extracts of vanilla, peppermint & almond. Yum!
  • Pickled WHAT?!  I'm drooling over this amazing recipe. Can't wait to try it out! 
  • Nine months pregnant and doing handstands! SERIOUSLY inspiring my prenatal yoga practice.
  • Garden Betty's Nasturtium Pesto has my mind reeling with Nasturtium-induced recipe ideas. (Like Los Angeles, nasturtiums grow in a weed-like fashion here in San Diego and I just knew there was more to be done with that edible plant growing everywhere, including my patio, pictured above.)
That's all for now, folks. We're heading out to Pine Valley for a weekend getaway at my parent's house in the mountains. Excited to relax, eat my mom's food, melt into my dad's massage chair, and, AND! We're finally planning our garden in the new space up there (pictures soon, it's amazing), PLUS convincing my mom to let us build a chicken coop. Dad is on our side, so all should go well. Haha! Wish us luck. Enjoy your day and have a blissful, blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment