Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Recap: Pine Valley, Antique Row Cafe

Happy Monday, friends! The rain came to visit us here in San Diego over the weekend. The sun is poking her head through today but I'm still in lazy-rain-mode, enjoying a cloudy morning sipping hot coffee in my sweatshirt and yoga pants. Yes, we're staying comfy all day. Speaking of comfy, it was a delightfully cozy weekend for us in THE HIVE. 

On Friday I met up with my older sister and her BFF for coffee, breakfast and laughs; then went to Target for some attempted-maternity-clothes-shopping. We turned 17 weeks pregnant today and my belly is really starting to pop. It's still in this in-between stage, though, of not quite fitting in my old clothes, but not being quite big enough for full-blown maternity wear. I'm making do with tights, comfy knitwear, and loose dresses. Not to mention my beloved yoga pants, which I'm finding myself in more often than not. (Note to self: do not become homeless-looking-pregnant-woman!) When Oscar got off work we headed East on Interstate 8, to the small mountain-town of Pine Valley, where I grew up and where my parent's still live. We enjoyed the rain, my mom's delicious vegan cooking, and cuddling up by the fire. 



The rain continued to fall all through Saturday: we enjoyed a late breakfast, took a misty walk through the woods, scoped out the garden space (look at those beautiful raised beds: the irrigation! the compost! the glory!), and I helped my mom grade papers while Oscar enjoyed the coveted massage chair. Oh, and more food, of course!






Sunday: we celebrated my younger sister's 23rd birthday with breakfast at the Antique Row Cafe. The rain brought a unique freshness to the air and we enjoyed Rosemary and Jade blossoms everywhere. The evening was spent relaxing and preparing for the week. I pampered myself with a little apple cider vinegar on my face and fancy polish on my nails, while Oscar worked on his computer and Frenchy slept enough for all of us. (He always gets so worn out on trips to Pine Valley!)


That's all for now, folks! Apologies for not having the pickling and dehydrating tutorials posted yet. It's been a busy week and I never can say when our sweet baby will allow me rest. (I think I have experienced almost all the symptoms of pregnancy that one could have so far!) Needless to say, we go with the flow here in THE HIVE, and as soon as I have time to sit down and pickle, you'll be the first to know!

Love & peace,

Ashley, Oscar, and the sweet potato babe






1 comment:

  1. I have read your post. Informative and interesting which we share with you so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts. I am tiring the same best work from me in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comment